Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Cult Following

So Robin Richman, the go-to boutique of Chicago for being a chic drape-y goth column, is having a trunk show for Gary Graham which starts all day tomorrow. But tonight there was a little goulish party for Halloween and Camila-mile tea churned some tarot cards out on the pfaff. I made it to the tail end after class with enough time for candy.

I didn't take pictures of the showroom because like a lady, I keep it locked under the skirt until the third date. In other words I don't have that type of blogger-y confidence. I did talk to Gary Graham though! For about three seconds on the grapes which I mistook for plastic. I'm chalking that up as a full on conversation.

IMG_1335

IMG_1333

IMG_1336

IMG_1305
(Dress: Gary Graham, Belt: vintage, Shoes: Dolce Vita for Target)

They all had adorable makeup, Camila got dia de los muertos skull themed which was perfecto.

She also had Gary Graham providing the clothes so basically he spruced up her look with this cream dress with a gathered overlay skirt. Later Camila was fiddling with the skirt and exclaimed "IT HAS POCKETS?" If there is one thing ladies old and young love, it's pockets. Unless they're complete monsters.

IMG_1323

IMG_1318

IMG_1313

IMG_1306

IMG_1337

Jacki Holland, wearing one of her own neckpieces and looking like the most amazing witch doctor shaman ever.

Of course the clothes worn by the staff were Gary Graham. I saw a woman trying on this coat and dress set, I can't describe how awesome they looked on her especially with her gray hair it was so sleek and elegant in the untraditional sense.

IMG_1327

IMG_1312

IMG_1325

IMG_1314
(Necklace: thrifted, Shirt: Barlow, Pants: J Brand, Shoes: Impo)

I much like to stand like Keith Urban at the Grammy Awards, so that explains my stance and faux mullet.

I had to wear a white shirt and black pants for a tai chi demo earlier in the day, but usually those around me know how I feel about pants; they confine my legs from sweet freedom! Also nobody told me straight leg pants don't naturally fit into boots. Life seriously never prepared me for that one.

IMG_1319

Aha! I finally caught the infamous golly miss Molly in the photographic medium. Being around her would bring out the stereotypical starstruck gay man out in anyone, it's like a reverse fruit fly effect. A regular fly?

Anyways, she is also wearing a Gary Graham dress and bits of a fur shawl of Robin's that got turned into hair accessories. (I am resisting using the adjective "rockin", you don't even know).

IMG_1321

That's right, people want to kiss her cheeks. Like a diety. Or a cute child who learned to telekinetically control their parents with their mind.

IMG_1307

Camila made the little skeleton with the Grateful Dead basketball mascot fro!

IMG_1329

IMG_1331

IMG_1330

If I were a lady with money burning a hole in my pocket, I would so own these mixers (and I don't even drink alcohol). Or if a hole were burning in my pocket and I were insane and thought these would plug it up.

IMG_1332

So people of the interweb who might accidentally click on my blog looking for pizza, the Gary Graham trunk show info:

Friday, October 28th
11 am - 6 pm
At Robin Richman, Chicago, IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment